I have had issues with the bulbs in my Gen 4 heater twice in less than 2 years. Now its the blower/fan out. I tried to contact "Afordable Heat" about it with a nice email and was told to call a 866#. They said it was up to the store. Such a runaround If you buy one, you can expect to spend around $100 an year to maintain it. Here is the email I sent just to get a reply back,... sorry...

"Hi,

I bought an Edenpure heater direct from your company 2 years ago. I paid around $500.00 for the unit. Model # A4428.

I have had to have the bulbs replaced twice, the most recent being less than a month ago. After Sears installed the bulbs, it worked for about a week and the blower/fan started making a roaring noise. After taking it back to have it serviced again, I was advised to contact Edenpure as it should still be under warranty and the blower/fan is bad and will need to be replaced. I have recommended this unit to all my family members and some have also purchased one. I feel that it would be a good business decision to send me another blower/fan for this unit as I am not asking for any installation and service fees that I have acquired.

Please forward this message to the proper staff if necessary.

I hope to get a reply back for your reviews concerning this matter, Much Thanks,

Mrs. Wanda Shirey

108 Kimberly Dr.

Spartanburg, S.C. 29306"

"Business Solutions of the Upstate"

Had an Experience with Edenpure Heater?

Comments

Southfield, Michigan, United States #777173

Be prepared to purchase new bulbs for your Edenpure heater every heating season.(3 bulbs at $35 ea.)

While the advertizing copy on the Edenpure US 1000/Gen4 boxes touts a 20,000 hour life for the heater bulbs, I have yet to see a set of bulbs in a US 1000 or Gen4 last more than 400-500 hours of use.

Based on what I know about the testing (SCI/Pinnacle did NO component testing at all during product development), I suspect the rated life (20,000 hours) is for operating those heater bulbs in still air with infrequent on/off cycles.

Due to a design flaw in the Edenpure heater air flow the bulbs will never last 1000 hours let alone 20,000. The coldest air is blown on the base of the red-hot bulbs and after several heat-up/cool-down cycles in the US 1000/Gen4 heater, the bulb seal fractures and then the bulb gets a small amount of oxygen every time the temperature cycles. This results in the nichrome wire filament oxidizing to the breaking point. (if you happen to see one fail, it is a very spectacular light show.

Looks like lightning inside the heater!) At least the quartz tube appears to be thick enough to contain the light show in those last 20 seconds of bulb life. (I've seen the ends blown off of some failed bulbs)

You'll know a bulb has failed when you smell burned metal (vaporized nickel-chromium wire). After that happens 3 times (usually all the bulbs will die in the same week) the heater will just blow cool air and it's time for...

SCI has apparently determined the bulbs are a consumable item in spite of their advertized claims of a 20,000 hour bulb life.

Customers and employees aren't the only ones who get screwed by Suarez Corporation Industries.There is a very good reason SCI has such a large legal team on retainer.